Dr Mark Robinson is a Queensland trained orthopaedic surgeon specialising in the upper limb. He has completed post fellowship subspecialty training in the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, in addition to tendon, nerve and microvascular surgery including finger re-implantation. Mark enjoys managing both elective conditions and complex trauma.
Mark has launched his private practice Balance Orthopaedics on the Sunshine Coast; providing advanced operative and non-operative treatment, with attention given to both the mechanical and physiological reasons for his patient’s condition.
Adopting a holistic and collaborative approach to treatment, Mark aims to work closely with allied health professionals, general practitioners and other medical specialists to obtain optimal results for his patients throughout every stage of treatment. Patient communication and care is a key focus for Mark. He ensures the treatment pathway aligns with the patient’s goals and individual circumstances.
With a background in elite sport, Mark understands the rigors of recovery and rehabilitation from injury to return to the sporting field. He has relocated to the Sunshine Coast with his young family and enjoys hiking, cycling, and surfing.
Qualifications and Experience
• Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
• Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
• Post Fellowship sub-specialty training
• Upper Limb Fellowship through Brisbane Hand and Upper Limb Clinic at the Princess Alexandra Hospital - 12 months
• Arthroscopic Reconstructive Surgery and Athletic Injuries Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada - 12 months
• Prior staff specialist in the Tertiary Upper Limb Unit at the Princess Alexandra Hospital
• Current staff specialist in Brisbane at The Prince Charles Hospital
• Current staff specialist at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (University of Queensland)
• Bachelor of Applied Science - Human Movement Studies (Queensland University of Technology)
• Senior Lecturer - School of Clinical Medicine - The University of Queensland
• Queensland Hand Society
• Queensland Shoulder Society