Who May Benefit?
People are admitted into our inpatient rehabilitation programs when they have an impairment or disability for which there is a reasonable expectation of functional gain. The primary treatment goal is to improve function – in addition to enhancing quality of life and independence.
Our Nambour Selangor Private Hospital Rehabilitation Unit offers a range of comprehensive inpatient programs in areas including:
- Neurological including stroke
- Falls Prevention
- Amputee, and
- Pain management
All rehabilitation programs are approved by Private Health Funds and The Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
The Nambour Selangor Private Hospital Rehabilitation Unit supports a multidisciplinary team approach to health care, involving patient, family, team members and outside agencies to achieve the best outcome possible.
Rehabilitation programs are tailored to the individual’s needs and designed to achieve mutually-agreed realistic goals.
The team will assess care needs in the areas of:
- Hygiene and personal care
- Domestic tasks and community activities of daily living such as shopping and paying bills
- Physical abilities and areas of potential weakness such as balance, strength and endurance
- Ability to communicate including using your speech, writing, listening and reading skills
- Continence, medication management
- Safe swallowing and nutrition
Nambour Selangor Private Hospital supports the need for early referral to rehabilitation and has established direct links with key staff in referring wards and other hospitals to facilitate this.
A referral from a medical practitioner is required. See Referrals and Access.
Acceptance of the referral is at the discretion of the treating specialist based on the individual’s capacity to benefit from rehabilitation.