How to Refer and Admit a Patient
What types of patients does Nambour Selangor Private Hospital (NSPH) accept?
- Privately insured patients – any patient that is covered by a private health fund.
- Self funded patients – the patient will provided with a cost estimation prior to their admission.
- Workers compensation – approval needs to be obtained from the insurance company prior to admission.
- Overseas patients – we accept overseas patients if their insurance company provides the necessary approval prior to admission.
- Veteran Affairs patients.
|STEPS TO REFER AND ADMIT A PATIENT|
|STEP 1:||DIRECTLY CALL the NSPH BED MANAGER on 07 5459 7461|
You will need to provide the following information to the Bed Manager
The Bed Manager can then refer you to the most appropriate accepting VMO.
* Once the patient has been accepted by a VMO, they must wait either at the GP practice or at home if they are well enough. The Bed Manger will be in contact when a bed is available. If the patient is too unwell to do this, they must attend an Emergency Department.
*Please ensure the VMO referral letter is also faxed to NSPH on 07 5441 7598.
*NOTE: An admission to NSPH is dependent on the availability of a bed and a NSPH VMO accepting the care of the patient.