Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements for your stay with us, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you need assistance to complete your pre admission form or have questions regarding your admission please phone our pre admission team on 5459 7444 or present to the Nambour Selangor Private Hospital reception desk and we will be pleased to help you.
- If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to admission for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and private health fund
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You maybe contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medical history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity ask any questions regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure or operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
Pre admission Clinic
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend a pre admission clinic at the hospital so the nurse can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as answer any questions you may have.
It is a very valuable service in respect to your entire stay in hospital.
Discharge planning will also be discussed at this clinic (eg who will take you home and care for you on discharge). You are welcome to bring a relative or friend to this clinic.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
On the day of admission
Please check in with the admission clerk in the front reception area of Nambour Selangor Private Hospital at the time indicated by your doctor,
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent fasting time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you:
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Doctor’s admission letter
- Health fund number / details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- Regular medications
- Pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- Pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- Relevant x-rays and / or test results
- For a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- Night attire
- Personal articles i.e. sanitary pads (if applicable)
- Payment method for settling your account
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable ie. tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum for 24 hours prior to admission
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables with you to the hospital (eg expensive jewellery)
- Wear make-up or nail polish
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- Please shower on the day of admission
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up
- Please ensure you have a responsible person arranged to transport you home, as you are not permitted to drive for at least 24 hours after a general anaesthetic or sedation.
- A responsible person must also be available to stay at least overnight with you following discharge from the Day Surgery Unit. This person must be physically and mentally able to make decisions for you if necessary.