Dr Mel Pretorius has been in the Sunshine Coast area for the last 13 years where he has cared for patients in both the public and private sector and would like to continue to be of service in the field of gastroenterology including gastrointestinal endoscopy.
Dr Pretorius consults in Gympie and Noosa, with procedures performed at Nambour Selangor Private Hospital and Noosa Hospital.
• Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease
• Irritable Bowel Disease
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Colorectal cancer screening and prevention
• Management of Helicobacter pylori
• Endoscopy services: diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic upper GIT endoscopy
Qualifications and Fellowships
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
• Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians
• Fellow of the College of Physicians South Africa
• Member of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia
• Member of the American Gastroenterological Association
• Member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
• Member of Gastroenterological Society of Queensland